PROCEDURES IN THE APPLICATION FOR RESIDENTIAL ELECTRIC SERVICE CONNECTION IN THE COOPERATIVE
In applying for the PELCO I electric service (New Connection), the applicant must comply with the hereunder requirements:
- Submit a duly accomplished written Application Form for new or additional connection service;
- Submit a photocopy of valid identification (Government issued ID) after showing the origin
- Submit original Barangay Clearance or Certification showing proof of residency in the Barangay;
- Submit the list of Electrical loads (Electrical Appliances);
- ubmit a sketch of the location of the premises sought to be energized;
- Submit PELCO I Statement of Account or PELCO I Official Receipt of the nearest neighbour (for routing purposes);Submit a sketch of the location of the premises sought to be energized;
- Submit proof of ownership/Occupancy (any of the following:
- FOR OWNERS: Transfer of Certificate of Title or Deed of Sale;
- FOR SUCCESSORS: Proof of succession or entitlement to the premises (property) sought to be energized
- FOR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES OF OWNERS: Notarized authorization from the owner of the premises (property) sought to be energized
- FOR TENANTS OF PRIVATELY-OWNED PREMISES (PROPERTY):
- Contract of Lease or any notarized authorization from the owner showing the right to occupy the premises sought to be energized;
- Undertaking from the owner of the premises that once the applicant leaves the premises, the owner shall be jointly and severally liable for any unpaid regular monthly bills incurred by the applicant.
- FOR INFORMAL SETTLERS OF GOVERNMENT- OWNED PREMISES; Proof of the right to occupy the premises sought to be energized from the concerned local government unit or agency;
- Submit photocopy of Electrical Permit (after showing the original) duly signed by the building official or duly constituted local authorities of the Municipality covering the premises sought to be energized;
- Submit proof of compliance with the approved inspection report (ex. Picture of the erected steel pipe); and
- Attend pre-membership and consumership briefing/orientation in the Area Office having jurisdiction of the Barangay where the premises sought to be energized is located;
The forty five (45) minutes pre-membership and consumership briefing/orientation shall be held from Monday-Friday during office hours (8:00am-5:00pm) except regular, special and declared holidays.
When all the above requirements are complied with, the Area Office, having jurisdiction of the Barangay where the premises sought to be energized is located, shall subject the premises sought to be energized for the clearing of account to determine whether or not the premises sought to be energized has outstanding obligations, including surcharges.
No application for new connection shall be approved if the premises sought to be energized has outstanding obligations, including surcharges, in the Cooperative.
In case the premises sought to be energized has no outstanding obligations, including surcharges, in the cooperative, such application shall be approved and the applicant shall proceed to the Teller for the following:
- Deposit an amount (Bill Deposit) equivalent to the estimated one (1) month consumption based on the submitted list of load;
- Pay the service fee One Hundred Twelve Pesos (P112.00); and
- Pay the Membership Fee of Fifty Pesos (PhP 50.00).
The applicant shall only be given Ten (10) days upon approval of his/her application to pay the above stated fees otherwise, such approval shall be cancelled.
After paying the necessary fees and depositing the required Bill Deposit, the applicant shall proceed to the Clerk for the signing of Contract of Sale of Energy
After signing the Contract, the applicant’s name and other information shall be inputted in the Consumer Member Information System (CMIS). The Office Services Division (OSD), using CMIS, shall assign a unique Account Number for the applicant and the service order for new connection. Thereafter, the Operation and Maintenance Division shall prepare the Kwh meter; and within Two (2) days after the applicant has paid the necessary fees must install the same to the applicant. After installation of the kwh meter, the accomplished service order duly signed by the applicant must be submitted to the OSD for records keeping.
The Membership Certificate and the Membership Card shall be printed and issued to the applicant.
All documents pertaining to the application for new connection must be scanned and thereafter be stored in the database.
The Area Office shall submit the list of Newly Connected electric services to the Institutional Services Department (ISD) on or before the 7th day of the Month.